Think of yoga retreats and the first thing that comes to the mind is amazing natural locales where one practices yoga much blissfully. If you love to practice yoga but are bored practicing at home or simply feel tempted to try something new, then yoga retreats may just be the perfect thing for you.
In the busy lives that we live in, yoga comes as a relief with freshness and wellness elevating one’s overall health. Never been on a yoga retreat and wondering what it is all about?
Let us help you know such a program well even before you book one. We have listed down ten amazing things to expect from a yoga retreat so that you can be not just prepared but also get a bit more excited.
- A Refreshingly Beautiful Nature Destination: The most popular yoga retreat destinations of the world are near the hills, by the side of the water bodies, beaches, or in the woods. Practicing yoga in a group in the midst of nature sounds and healthy vibes is a rejuvenating experience. It is bound to be different from practicing in your fitness room, in the yoga studio, or on the terrace. The destination itself will make the retreat memorable.
- Yoga and Meditation Sessions: At a yoga retreat, the asana will obviously be similar to what you might practice at home, but the experience will be drastically different. You could definitely notice heightened focus, a complete rejuvenation, a positive perspective to your self-image and improved confidence. These sessions will enable a truly holistic experience, something that you may not achieve at home. Yoga retreat for beginners can be an immensely refreshing experience.
- Digital Detox: In an age where smartphones have become an essential part of our life, it can become frustrating to stay connected all the time. A yoga retreat would definitely be a great breather as it helps you to bring the focus more upon yourself and help you control the excessive urges that add up to your stress. During the process, you will eventually find more time on hand for yourself. It will definitely be a highly effective digital detox experience.
- Know Your Guru: Your Yoga Guru plays a crucial role in the retreat. As he/she will be your mentor during the entire process, you can imbibe from his experience. As the Guru will always be around to help you in your learning journey there will be chances where he might give you personalized tips for improvements to enhance your overall experience and in some cases a candid chance to discuss your personal ailments as well.
- 6. Spa and Massage sessions: Most yoga retreat weekends have spas and massage sessions that create a relaxing and therapeutic experience. You can expect a range of therapeutic oils, herbal packs or even chocolate massages. Candles and aroma filled rejuvenating spa therapies are also to be expected. These sessions are loaded with benefits such as easing muscle and joint pains. it also increases blood circulation and improves skin health too.
- Exposure to Alternate Therapies: Since yoga is an alternate modality of healing and all such modalities are closely connected, you will see that a yoga center exposes you to practices like Chakra balancing, crystal healing, Reiki, and few others. If you are at a retreat, chances are that you may get to meet people who practice holistic therapies participating in the retreat. Few yoga centers also offer therapeutic sessions on crystal healing, mindfulness techniques, Chakra balancing, sound therapy, bach flower therapy and many more.
- Fellow Participants: A yoga retreat gives you immense possibilities to know wonderful people coming from different parts of the country or even from across the world. You can connect with them at different levels like their passion, professions, ethnicities interests, and lifestyle. It is a great chance for making new friendships, new connections, or who knows you may even find old schoolmates over there. All in all, there will be lots of exchange of ideas and learning making it an enriching experience.
- A Relaxing Accommodation: The accommodation style may vary depending on the price range. It may be shared dorms or private rooms with basic or luxurious amenities. Some centers are more like hotels while some have huts on a beachside or in the forest. One should consider the climatic conditions of a particular destination before booking. It is suggested that one makes a thorough inquiry about the accommodation and puts forth his preferences.
- Healthy Diet- Consuming healthy plant-based food is a part of living the Yoga life. So, at a yoga retreat, one can expect nothing short than a platter full of plant-based wholesome food. Wondering what non-vegetarians will do? Yes, that may be a challenge. However, it will be an opportunity to try going vegan for a few days. You can observe the changes such a diet brings in your system. A balanced diet and yoga go hand in hand and in a retreat, you are in for the most benefits. What’s more? You can expect fresh seasonal veggies from the local farms, soups, salads, sandwiches, and nutritious as well as detox drinks. This may turn out to be your new wellness mantra.
Bonus Activities: Depending on the location of the retreat, your experience may get amplified. If you are at a riverside, you can expect at least a half-day of river activities. Hillside trekking, adventure activities and camping are few of the common add-ons to retreat programs. If you love being in nature and exploring it’s wild side, then a yoga retreat may turn out to be a treat for you.
Enriching Personal Experience: In such a retreat one could take back a-joy-ride of experience, create new memories and new acquaintances. It is a chance to bring about a long-lasting change in one’s lifestyle by inculcating Yoga in your daily life. This will have a tremendous impact on not just your energy levels and but on your response to stress. You will experience a high level of rejuvenation in your mind and body. You can also get an opportunity to continue being a member of the community and get discounts for future bookings and other programs.
Yoga retreats are an opportunity to experience yoga beyond the mundane yoga studio. It’ an immersive experience to reap the best benefits from Yoga and allied practices like meditations and mindfulness. The reason why such retreats are so popular is that participants report high rejuvenation physically and mentally during and post the retreat. By choosing an apt retreat program, you can expect the immense positive results.